Thursday, March 30, 2017

Places to eat when in Baguio


It was 2 weeks ago when I did one of my bucket list in life: to travel alone on my birthday. Baguio was the closest place where I think my parents would allowed me to go (baby steps, lol). Aside from the weather and beautiful scenery, Baguio also offers good food for you to munch on. Below are the restaurants/stall I've been to during my stay in Baguio.


Canto
Ketchup Food Community, Romulo Drive, Lualhati , Baguio City

This has always been a go to restaurant of my friends whenever they are visiting Baguio. I was lucky that I arrived at the restaurant early and got myself a seat, this restaurant always has a long queue.



I tried their Lomo Ribs (Grilled bbq ribs with homemade bbq sauce, served with mashed potatoes with gravy. The salad was fresh and the ribs were flavorful and easy to chew. This has been one of the best ribs I've ever tasted.

Lomo Ribs

Mallow fluff - a big scoop of vanilla ice cream with brownie bits, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, roasted marshmallow and cherry on top. The combination of all the ingredients will certainly melt in your mouth.

Mallow fluff


Choco-late de Batiro
Igorot Park, Camp John Hay, Baguio City



A Filipino garden cafe which has been quoted as one of the tastiest hot chocolate in the Philippines. I ordered there marshmallow batirol and it really was good and perfect for a cold weather.

Marshmallow batirol


Hill Station
Upper Session Road



Hill Station is a fusion of Asian, European and American dishes that can cater to all ethnicity that is touring or visiting the area. I ordered Cambodian coriander and garlic chicken which was marinated overnight and charbroiled. You could really taste the rich curry on it and it was perfectly paired with its rice.

Cambodian coriander

Death by chocolate cake - their own version of chocolate lava which I had a good time finishing the dessert. Hot, sweet and cold in one bite

Death by chocolate

I also had garlic longganisa with sunny side up eggs and bacon omelette with toasted bread and fried potatoes as my breakfast on the restaurant which was really really good.

Longganisa 

Bacon omelette with toasted bread and fried potatoes


Balbacua by Urban Camote, 
Ili Likha Artist Village, Assumption Road

Ili Likha is compose of several food joints that offers good food on a very low price (starts at 50php!)



Balbacua is a southern Mindanao beef stew dish, slow-cooked for six hours and served with your choice of noodles or rice, with no MSG or artificial flavoring. The broth soup was thick and flavorful and the beef was really tender. I paired it with a good homemade banoffee shake.

Balbacua

Chona's Delight at Tea House
Session Road

This has always been a must have pasalubong whenever a friend or relative is on Baguio. The place is located at the busy street of session road. Their cake has always been moist, full of fillings (which is not that sweet) and you can eat it on a single seating.

Ube, Caramel and Chocolate cake
Chaya
Legarda Road

Chaya offers really fresh and authentic Sashimis and their menu was really good as one of the restaurant owner is a full-blooded Japanese. I also loved their Gyudon (which really works well because of its raw egg and beef on it) and Pork Katsudon. The grilled chicken wings was good too (just put some lemon on it in order to be more tasty).

Sashimi Platter

Katsudon, Gyudon and Grilled chicken wings

Of course a Baguio trip is not complete without having a hot strawberry Taho

.

I will definitely go back to Baguio and will try the other restaurants that I was not able to try on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

Recent

Random